Thursday, April 21

Didn’t get enough yesterday with 4/20? Then swing by Storke Plaza between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. for N.O.R.M.L.’s Cannabis Carnivale where there is sure to be plenty of “food, fun and freedom.” Make sure you catch reggae band Irations, the hemp fashion show and the famous stoner look-alike contest. This free celebration is part of N.O.R.M.L’s cannabis awareness week, so get off your lazy stoner ass and participate. Also tonight, poet Duriel E. Harris will be performing selections from Drag, her critically acclaimed book and her media art project AMNESIAC. The free performance begins at 7 p.m. at the MultiCultural Center Theater.

Friday, April 22
Join the Forest Foundation today for “An Evening with the Classics,” an art exhibition showcasing the work of Santa Barbara resident Morris Bear Squire and other local artists. The opening is being held at the Maravilla Senior Living Community, located at 5486 Calle Real in Goleta, from 3:30 to 7 p.m. Come check out the work and enjoy free hors d’oeuvres, wine and music. Got an insatiable need to rock out? Then take a trip to the Earl Warren Showgrounds for possibly the best show to hit our town in quite awhile, the Spring Addiction Festival featuring the Violent Femmes, Sugarcult, Rx Bandits, Before Braille and My Life Story. Tickets range from $25.50-$32.50 and can be purchased at www.springaddiction.com or Tixstar in the Paseo Nuevo mall. Doors open at 3 p.m.

Saturday, April 23/ Sunday, April 24
Masochistic? Then make sure you join the MultiCultural Center (MCC) on Saturday night for the second night of “Endless Climax: 90 Minutes of Pain.” The show is comprised of enough short films, comedic sketches and solo performances to have you squealing with pain and a whole lot of pleasure. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. at the MCC Theater]]. Tickets are $4 at the door. On Sunday, spend your day relaxing to local jazz sponsored by SB Jazz Society at SOhO restaurant. Santa Barbara City College’s Monday Madness Band, the Martinez Brothers, James Arnold and the Gary Foster quartet are among the groups scheduled to play. Treat yourself to a lemon drop martini and soak in the smooth sounds. The show starts at 12:30 p.m. SOhO is located at 1221 State St., upstairs.

Monday, April 25
Too bad Artsweek is a newspaper section and David Sedaris is gay. If it weren’t for those two small setbacks, we would be a match made in literary heaven. Until the government legalizes such unions, we’ll have to settle for Sedaris’ appearance tonight at the Arlington Theatre. The quirky writer will be reading excerpts from new stories. Tickets are $15 for students; the performance begins at 8 p.m. If drag queen movies are more your speed, then join FUQIT for its screening of “Priscilla, Queen of the Desert” at 7 p.m. at Ellison 1714. The event is free, but bring a snack to share.

Tuesday, April 26
Be careful… this is bat country! At least it will be if you swing by I.V. Theater for A.S. Program Board’s screening of “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.” The screwed-up, psychedelic tale follows the late, great Hunter S. Thompson (played by Johnny Depp) on a drug- and journalism-fueled trip through the Nevada desert. The movie plays at 7:30 and 10 p.m.; tickets are $3. Also tonight, as part of Queer Pride Week, the Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity will be hosting Queer Variety Night, a talent show of sorts for the queer community and queer allies. This free show starts at 8 p.m.

Wednesday, April 27
“How do you make the invisible visible? You take it away.” Come experience what hell breaks loose when all 14 million people of Latino descent disappear in the hilarious mockumentary, “A Day Without a Mexican.” Co-presented by the MultiCultural Center (MCC) and the Center for Chicano Studies, the film will be shown at the MCC Theater at 6 p.m. Earlier in the day, grab a snack and stop by Storke Plaza for another noontime show, this time with indie rock band Brown Eyed Deception. This group’s music will have your head nodding, and the bandmate’s birthdates will have you feeling very, very old.