Thursday
A solemn mood can be felt this evening at the MCC at a free showing of “The Children We Sacrifice,” a moving documentary about incestuous sexual abuse as seen through a South Asian experience. The film starts at 6 p.m. and the filmmaker will be on hand for a discussion afterward. For all of you liberal media folks out there, make sure you check out the Cascadia Media Collective’s touring video “Guerrilla Media in Action,” which documents a “global struggle for autonomy, environmental protection and a livable feature.” This free event is being put on by KCSB and will be held at 8 p.m. in Embarcadero Hall. Visit www.cascadiamedia.org for more info.

Friday
If you’ve made a habit of hanging around the same places night after night, then why not try something a little different and swing by Jojo’s tonight. It’s a classy little joint considering it’s not only a restaurant but also a coffee shop, bar and music venue. At 9 tonight, dreamy, lo-fi musical wonder Petrocovich will whisk an audience away with her Portishead-like stylings. Jojo’s is located downtown at 1134 Chapala St. Or, if you want to expand your cultural horizon a little more, join the MCC for an evening of traditional and modern Arabic music, featuring Woroud and her six-piece band. Even if you can’t quite understand all she’s saying – she sings in Arabic – you’ll be dazzled. Tickets are $5 and the show begins at 8 p.m. in the MCC Theater.

Saturday
Willie Nelson is a national treasure, with a career spanning over 40 years and a mind-boggling discography. Luckily, ol’ Willie has decided to make a pit stop at our little Bowl tonight, along with some of country’s finest females, Lucinda Williams and Diana Krall. The show will start at 7 p.m. and tickets start at $32. Visit www.sbbowl.com for more information. If you missed the last 12 Pilipino Cultural Nights, shame on you, but have no fear, because the 13th is here. For a mere $10 you’ll get an entire evening filled with acting, music and dancing interwoven in a single storyline titled “Thicker Than Water.” Campbell Hall should be packed, so don’t be late. The show starts at 4 p.m.

Sunday
I know you don’t need to be reminded, but you’ll be out in the real world soon – a real world that doesn’t consider I.V. jam bands to be of the utmost integrity. So, get used to the symphony while you can – that is, if you want to seem classy and cultured. The award-winning Santa Barbara Symphony performs at 3 p.m. at the Arlington Theatre, located at 1317 State St. Tickets for the performance, titled “A Feast of Color,” are $21.50. If an afternoon of lute playing doesn’t interest you, then consider enjoying the musical styling of the Dirty Knobs, featuring Mike Campbell of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. They’ll be hitting up SOhO hard tonight at 10. Call 962-7776 for more info.

Monday
In a society where talented women often go unsung, be part of the solution by attending a double feature of real chick-flicks. Meredith Monk’s “Book of Days” film will follow a documentary on modern dancer Mary Anthony, complete with a Q&A with the director. The films start at 7:30 at Campbell Hall with tickets at $6. Because SB is not known for its flourishing independent music scene, a place like the Hard to Find is a cherished anomaly. Discreetly tucked away at 7190 Hollister Ave., this place actually is hard to find, but it’s worth the trek. Tonight Old Time Relijun, Pipi Woely, Thanksgiving and Paper BlueM will be playing at 8:30. Tickets are available for $10, with a few bucks knocked off for canned food donations.

Tuesday / Wednesday
She won an Oscar for shaving off her eyebrows and kissing Christina Ricci, and chances are you missed it. Tuesday night is your chance to see “Monster” in all its disturbing glory on the big screen at the I.V. Theater. Shows are at 7:30 and 10. Tickets are $3, but get there early. Wednesday is Cinco de Mayo, so break out the sombreros and head on over to the Mercury Lounge’s Cinco de Mayo Party, where the swanky kids will be wearing ponchos and drinking Coronas. There’s no cover and the 21+ crowd shows up around 9 p.m. The Mercury Lounge is located at 5871 Hollister in Goleta.