The Associated Students Finance Board shelled out almost $3,500 on Monday, meeting the financial requests of four student groups.

Kapatirang Pilipino received $1,500 for their Asian-American showcase in the Hub on March 6, featuring the Beat Junkies, a DJ crew from the Los Angeles area. Kapatirang Social Chair Jason Gandia, who presented the event’s budget, said the event would provide some great music and performances.

“We want to present some quality Asian-American talent in the music and hip hop community,” he said. “The Beat Junkies are one of the most prominent DJ crews in the area; everyone in the hip hop community knows them.”

Gandia said the group appreciated the board’s donation.

“Anything they can contribute would help, but that was great; that’s perfect,” Gandia said.

The Women’s Ensemble Theater Troupe (WETT) received $1,735 to rent out Campbell Hall for its performances of “The Vagina Monologues” on Feb. 20 and 21. WETT treasurer Carley Charpentier said the proceeds from the $8 tickets will go to local and international women’s charities to fight violence against women and girls.

“Last year, we sold out every night at I.V. Theater, and we’re hoping to sell out Campbell Hall this year,” Charpentier said. “Our goal is to donate $10,000 this year with the proceeds.”

The Finance Board also gave $718 to the STREET TEAM, a group dedicated to ethnic education that plans to put on a hip hop dance in the Hub on Feb. 6 for $7 per ticket.

STREET TEAM co-president Emeka Orjiakor said the event would provide a positive social environment.

“We’re trying to provide a place to go on Friday as an alternative to Del Playa [Drive],” Orjiakor said. “We’re just going to have some fun.”

The Hmong Student Union received $500 to publicize the first UCSB Hmong culture show in over 10 years. The event is free to the public and will be hosted in I.V. Theater on Feb. 28. The show will feature performances in music and dance, theatrical skits and a speech from a Hmong veteran of the Vietnam War.