Thursday 10/30
Nearly every modern punk and rock group recognizes the Misfits as one of its top influences. Devilock takes their high regard to a whole new level by combining its talent to form a Misfits tribute band. This local group is comprised of three Code 415 members, and will play Velvet Jones tonight at 9. For info, call 965-8676. Using monologue, verse, storytelling and dance, Roxanne Gupta hopes to reveal poetic images of feminine nature and a goddess of the battleground through a character known as Adi Shakti. Her performance “Adi Shakti: Dawn of the First Goddess” will blend classical south Indian dance and yoga tonight at 8 in the MultiCultural Center Theater. Admission is free. Call 893-8411 for info.

Friday 10/31
Let the inner animal out tonight for the “Where the Wild Things Are” -themed Halloween bash at Bar Absinthe. The down and dirty funk of ALO (Animal Liberation Orchestra) is enough to satisfy any Friday night revelers, but included are special guests the Messengers, a costume contest, raffles, games and more. The show is only $10 and doors open at 9 p.m. For info, call 965-5057. If you want to kick off Halloween with something less debaucherous, head down to Earl Warren Showgrounds for “Light the Night.” From 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. they will have motocross racing, a bouncy house, games and more. For info, call 687-0766.

Saturday 11/1
They’re still as tasteless and offensive ever. The Cramps, known for their rockabilly punk antics and below-the-belt lyrics, will tear up the Ventura Theatre tonight at 7 with guests Narthex Structure. Beware, though; don’t go without a sense of humor. Tickets cost $20 to catch this band that’s been around since the ’70s. They’ve been known for occasional donut-eating contests during their performances and live up to their name. In Rare Form will keep the crowd groovin’ with mandolin solos, powerful vocals and catchy bass lines tonight at Bar Absinthe. The show starts at 10 p.m. For prices and info, call 965-5057.

Sunday 11/2 Monday 11/3
These guys must have been eating their carrots, cuz their third eye vision, much like their rhyming, is crisp as ever. Hieroglyphics , comprised of Del, Souls of Mischief and Pep Love, among others – with special guests Little Brother – will provide an underground hip hop extravaganza tonight at the Hub. Tickets are only $20, but get ’em before they’re gone. For info, visit http://aspb.as.ucsb.edu. If you need a break from all the holiday liver damage this weekend, then visit the Arlington Theater and relax to the Cuban beats of the Buena Vista Social Club. Led by its only female member, Omara Portuondo, with fifty years of acclaim under her belt, the group will enchant and refresh all with their Cuban jazz. Tickets are $25 for this 7:30 p.m. performance. For info, call 893-3535.

Tuesday 11/4
Santa Barbara is a breeding ground for sun, surf and sand. The UCSB Associate Students Program Board welcomes alumnus John-Paul Beeghly, producer and cinematographer of the surf documentary “Step Into Liquid.” The film will screen tonight at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., and both will be followed by a Q&A with Beeghly himself. Tickets are $3. For info, e-mail . Sharing a bed can get pretty dangerous when there’s a kicker or arm-swinger next to you. Emo-pop band Armor for Sleep, known for songs about time travel, dreams and space, will share them with you at the Hard to Find Showspace tonight at 8. Tickets are $7. For details, email them at .

Wednesday 11/5
The right side of the brain is home to comedy and abstract thinking, but Artsweek is convinced that Jay Leno’s chin contains an extra brain to help him keep up with the competition and continue pumping out jokes. It’s not uncommon for him to test out new material on college audiences, and he’ll be doing just that tonight in San Luis Obispo. Prices for the 8 p.m. show unfortunately start at $50. For info, call 756-7222. She stole a spot in Spike Lee’s film “Bamboozled,” but this outspoken hip hop poet was already on her way to fame when she won the Best One-Person Show award at HBO’s Aspen Comedy Arts Festival. Sarah Jones returns to Campbell Hall for another evening of theater tonight at 8. Tickets start at $16. For info, call 893-3535.