Ten years. Two Chemical Brothers. One compilation.

Spanning a decade and crossing several genres, the Chemical Brothers have transformed from the subterranean underground’s acid house DJs to being household names. Singles 93-03 serves as a collection of mainly the best-known Chemical Brothers releases, though not necessarily the best tracks ever recorded by the duo. Covering the four albums released by the Brothers, with a few tracks represented from each, Singles plays like an episode of “This Is Your Life,” tracing through their days in the Manchester underground acid house scene and their eventual breakthrough stateside as the face of “electronic” in America.

The album itself is not just limited to a “best of” rundown but also introduces two new tracks. These inclusions help show that the Chemical Brothers are moving forward with their art and flexing their abilities to continually transcend genre. One such example is a hip hop collaboration with rapper K-OS, a track rivaling the Neptunes in production quality, followed immediately by a bouncy jaunt with the Flaming Lips on “The Golden Path.”

For a complete collection worth the effort of opening the shrink-wrap, though, the limited-edition version is a necessity for its bonus disc replete with the critical omissions from the first disc. Examples include the groove of “Loops of Fury” and the tin beat of “Morning Lemon” among a variety of B-sides, rarities and live cuts.

This album serves as a worthy compilation for the casual listener who doesn’t want to splurge all four previous albums, as well as a needed addition to the avid fan’s collection for the new tracks and limited edition second disc.

[Cole Burbidge just may be capable of moving at lightning speed. We’re checking the numbers, but it looks promising.]