1. Surprise Talent of the Year – Jared Leto. His band, 30 Seconds to Mars, is actually good. For proof, download “Buddha for Mary.” He’s not bad to look at either.
2. Best Reason to Watch MTV – Tie between “Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground” by the White Stripes, and “Keep Fishin'” by Weezer. It’s hard to decide which is better: Weezer rocking out with Muppets, or the beautiful and talented Jack and Meg White. The sexy pseudo-siblings make a great song even better with this visually stunning masterpiece.
3. Most Deserved TV Rejection – The chicks on “The Bachelor.” In a word, pathetic.
4. Best TV Concert – No Doubt on “Dawson’s Creek.” Only Gwen can make the show worth watching
5. Best Thing the Music Industry Has Done All Year – Offering quality music for $10.99 and below. Thanks to the artists who have forfeited some profits to make their music affordable. It’s better than shutting down Audiogalaxy.