Thursday Nov. 21

Hooray for cockfights! A&L screens the Balinese melodrama “Legong: Dance of the Virgins” (1935) in Campbell Hall with live accompaniment and performance by Bali & Beyond. Tickets are $8. Starts at 7:30 p.m. Just because you weren’t the ambassador to Honduras, deputy assistant secretary of state for Latin America, a civil rights activist or renowned author doesn’t mean you should be too ashamed to check out Mari-Luci Jaramillo as she reads her book, Madame Ambassador: The Shoemaker’s Daughter tonight in the MCC lounge. It’s free and starts at 6:30.

Friday, Nov. 22

Tonight, the UCSB Hub will become the crossroads where you can see Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, “so you won’t be lonely…” for a mere $25. Get your world rocked by Bizzy Bone and the other doggy-paraphernalia- related posse starting at 8:30. In case the Bone crew doesn’t suit your hip hop palate, do not despair. Tonight also offers up Boston’s live hip hoppers Mission, now known as the Crown City Rockers, who will be spewing rhymes and music all over the Coach House, located at 110 S. Santa Barbara St. Call 965-0789 for more info.

Saturday, Nov. 23

The ever so lovely Biko house, located at 6612 Sueno Rd., will host the “People of Color Benefit Show” tonight to raise some dough for a good cause. There will be spoken word, hip hop and a performance by the punk group Over the Counter-Intelligence. Donations will be taken at the door. Call 968-7754 for times and ticket info. What’s that you say? Not enough punk rock for ya? Ah, well, it’s a good thing that the Casualties have flown all the way from NYC to get you moving tonight. They will play alongside the Forgotten and 46 Short at the Living Room in Goleta. This all-ages show starts at 8.

Sunday, Nov. 24

He has dedicated his life to uncovering rare jazz clips from masters like Miles Davis and Billie Holiday, and tonight film archivist Mark Cantor will visit Campbell Hall to show some of his best. His clips have been included in Ken Burns’ “Jazz” series and tonight is your chance to see Coltrane and the like on screen, starting at 7:30. Tickets are $8 through A&L. They’re called the “lovable little clowns of the canine world,” and today Pug Rescue of Santa Barbara throws a pug party with best costume and best kisser competitions and even pics with Santa. Held at 821 Coronel St., downtown. Call 564-7202 for info.

Monday, Nov. 25

Shutterbugs! Put down the camera for a moment and visit the “Made For Print: Santa Barbara Photojournalists” exhibit being held at the Santa Barbara Contemporary Arts Forum, in the Paseo Nuevo Mall. Local photojournalists will show their work, showcasing an array of foreign and domestic daily life. For more information call 966-5373. The buzz is flying around town and now is your chance to check out the newest gritty rock band, The Black Plastics, before they’re bigger than those Stroking Hives or the Stripey White Lollipops. The show is at The Coach House and starts at 9:00 p.m. Tickets are $5.

Tuesday, Nov. 26/Wednesday, Nov. 27

Your roommates are tired of hearing you belt in the shower at 7 a.m. and have asked Artsweek to please refer you to tonight’s open mic night for singer-songwriters. The best part is that it’s at the Good Earth Restaurant, located 5955 Calle Real, so you can grub after your standing ovation. Call 683-6101 for information. The play “Forever Plaid” follows a 1950s male harmony group who return from the dead for the concert of their dreams and sure, it’s sorta creepy idea, but that doesn’t mean won’t make you want to go get pinned afterward. It will be held at Laurel Theater, located at 1006 E. Main St., in Ventura. Call 667-2900 for more info.