At approximately 11:55 p.m. on Friday, May 4, two male victims were reportedly attacked by a large group of Hispanic male suspects while walking through Estero Park, located at 889 Camino del Sur.

One of the victims, a 22-year-old SBCC student, was stabbed, and both victims suffered various cuts and bruises from the assault, according to the Isla Vista Foot Patrol report.

The suspects were described in the report as being between the ages of 15 and 18, wearing baggy pants and mostly flannel shirts or white T-shirts. The victim who was stabbed described his attacker as 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall and approximately 145 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. Both victims said the suspects appeared to be gang members.

“[The victims] were walking to the Santa Ynez [Apartments] when they passed a van parked at the dead end of Estero and at the entrance of Estero Park,” the report states. “The van was occupied by a group of Hispanic males and females. As [the victims] passed the van, they heard a male voice say, ‘What are you looking at?’ The victims replied ‘Nothing, just walking.’ ”

Reports state two other Hispanic males confronted the victims while they were passing a drinking fountain in Estero Park, before other suspects approached. Numerous suspects reportedly attacked the first victim by punching him and throwing him to the ground and attacked the second victim by slashing his left mid-rib cage when he attempted to intervene.

After the group dispersed, the second victim realized he had been stabbed. The victims flagged down a female subject on Camino del Sur, who then called 911. The victims were transported to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, where a police report was taken, and both have been discharged, according to a hospital spokesperson.

The van was described as a dark-tan or coffee-colored, late-1980s or early-1990s Ford Aerostar or Chevy Astrovan. Anyone with information regarding the incident is requested to call the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Dept. at 681-4100.