Wrong Hemisphere, Wrong Continent

At approximately 2 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 13, Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers patrolling the intersection at Embarcadero Del Mar and Pardall Road observed a 19-year-old female staggering from side to side while walking northbound on Embarcadero Del Mar.

While officers watched the suspect, she nearly fell twice. When officers contacted the suspect, they noticed she had already fallen and scuffed her knee.

When officers asked the suspect where she was going, the suspect said, “home,” but was unable to tell the officers where “home” was. The suspect told officers she was coming from, “Turkey.”

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication and transported to the Santa Barbara County Jail, where she was housed, pending sobriety.

Three Strikes, You’re an Idiot

At approximately 11:15 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 11, IVFP officers assisting with a noise violation on the 6600 block of Del Playa Drive observed a 22-year-old male standing on the sidewalk in front of the residence making comments to officers shutting down the party.

When officers warned the suspect to refrain from making more comments, they noticed his speech was slurred, and he was swaying back and forth as he stood. Officers contacted the suspect and advised him to go home.

After the third time officers advised the suspect to go home and he refused, they asked him how much he had to drink. The suspect said, “Absolutely nothing at all.” Officers notified the suspect they could smell alcohol emitting from his mouth as he spoke. The suspect then said he had “a few beers.” Officers took the suspect into custody.

While en route to the IVFP station, the suspect asked, “What are the charges? Oh, you don’t know – you’re not the arresting officer.”

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication and transported to the Santa Barbara County Jail, where he was housed, pending sobriety.

Mistakenly Marking Territory

At approximately 12:45 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 13, IVFP officers patrolling the 6500 block of Del Playa observed an 18-year-old male walk to the east side of an apartment building and stop in front of some bushes.

Officers approached the suspect and illuminated their flashlights at him and noticed he was urinating on the bushes. When asked by officers what he was doing, the suspect said, “Taking a piss.”

The suspect told the officers he lived at the residence. When asked what the address was, the suspect said, “6644 DP.” The suspect also told officers he was a student at UCSB. Officers noticed the suspect was unsteady on his feet, talkative, and his speech was slurred.

When officers again asked him where he lived, the suspect said, “6644 Del Playa, right here.” Officers determined the suspect was intoxicated to the extent he could not care for his safety because he was unaware of where he was or his address.

When officers arrested the suspect, he told them he was in Isla Vista visiting a friend. When asked by officers if he knew where his friend lived, the suspect said he didn’t know for sure, but some place on DP.

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication and transported to the Santa Barbara County Jail, where he was housed, pending sobriety. While in jail, the suspect vomited several times on the floor and on himself.

-Compiled by Jennifer B. Siverts from the Isla Vista Foot Patrol Reports