Fall has finally arrived, and it is time to bring back some of our seasonal favorites like pumpkin and apple spice. Even if the weather in Isla Vista hasn’t changed, the local coffee shops and grocery stores have started to provide new and exciting fall items. If you’re anything like me and don’t understand the hype about the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, here are several other seasonal favorites you can try!

1. Pumpkin Cold Brew from the Coffee Bean

One of the more underrated coffee chains in the Goleta area is the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Not only do they have an entire seasonal menu packed with fall drinks, but their pumpkin spice is arguably better than Starbucks’. Their cold brew is a particular standout and is definitely worth the short drive. 

1. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Mix

If you’re in the mood for a sweet option during the fall season, Trader Joe’s is stocked with various health-conscious options. This mix is perfect for an October movie night with friends and can be easily modified to fit dietary restrictions. These cookies are the perfect treat to enjoy with friends!

Paige Holloway / Daily Nexus

1. Boomchickapop Salted Caramel Corn

My favorite snack during the fall has always been caramel corn. Boomchickapop has the perfect option that is vegan friendly and guilt free. It is just the right amount of both salty and sweet and can be enjoyed at any time of the day

1. Teavana Chai Tea

Nothing quite says fall to me like a warm chai latte. One of the most popular and convenient ways to make chai at home is to buy a packet of tea bags at the grocery store. I personally like Teavana the best and like to customize my tea however I like. If you want to make a latte, you can easily add in milk of your choice along with espresso shots or a pinch of cinnamon for an extra taste of fall. 

1. Quaker Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal

Although these famous instant oatmeals packs are sold all year-round, they make a perfect quick and easy fall breakfast. They are best paired with toppings like cinnamon and sliced Fuji apples during the fall. This is a great option that doesn’t sacrifice health for its taste!

Even though the leaves might not change and the days are still reminiscent of the summertime, there’s no reason to skip out on the fall season in I.V. this year. Simply head over to your local grocer or coffee shop and treat yourself to some of these delicious fall snacks to get into the holiday spirit!

Paige Holloway
Paige Holloway is a Communication and Sociology major as well as a writer and assistant editor for On the Menu. Her interests include fitness, traveling and drinking iced coffee.