The Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to an assault with a deadly weapon, a container filled with suspicious materials and several alcohol-related crimes this weekend.

Deputies received a report of a physical assault on the 6500 block of Sabado Tarde Road at 4:10 a.m. Saturday. According to IVFP Lt. Ray Vuillemainroy, a male suspect knifed a neighboring tenant over a drug disagreement.

“The suspect went over to another residency in the same complex and confronted the residents there regarding marijuana,” Vuillemainroy said. “A confrontation ensued at the residence, and the suspect stabbed the victim in the chest. The victim was transported to the Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital and the suspect was arrested.”

IVFP also investigated a lockbox discovered on the 6500 block of Cordoba Road at 10:00 a.m. Saturday. According to Vuillemainroy, deputies searched the container after a person delivered it to the IVFP station.

“A citizen found a locked box in a bush on the corner of Cordoba and Embarcadero del Mar,” Vuillemainroy said. “The citizen brought the box to foot patrol, and one of the deputies looked at its contents.”

Vuillemainroy said deputies contacted the box’s owner for further questioning after discovering explosive materials inside the container.

“The deputy found homemade blasting caps made from shell casings and four separate bottles partially filled with powders,” Vuillemainroy said. “There was also black powder, Vaseline, rocket igniter and rubbing alcohol. Deputies identified the owner of the box and made contact with him. The person eventually admitted knowledge of the contents. The box was secured as evidence and the investigation is ongoing.”

Officers also handled several alcohol-related crimes throughout the weekend, citing three people for minors in possession, three for noise violations and one for an open container. IVFP also arrested two people for public intoxication.