Thousands of fans and revelers – some of which may have been under the influence of more than the music – flocked to Harder Stadium on Sunday, screaming and cheering for Extravaganza.

Hosted by Associated Students Program Board, five bands, a variety of vendors and an estimated 7,000 spectators attended the event – approximately the same number of attendees as last year’s sunny show.

Although by an inconsequential amount, Misty Brewster, ASPB Special Events Coordinator and senior communication major, said the rain may have lessened crowd turnout.

The show opened at 2 p.m. with local band Rebelution. UCSB alumni group Animal Liberation Orchestra; The Pharcyde, a group from Compton; Pepper, from Kona, Hawaii and the Bay Area’s E-40 also performed. Due to the poor weather, the set breaks were shortened and the performances began earlier than planned.

Clouds of marijuana smoke were seen and could be smelled throughout the crowd, particularly during Pepper’s rock-reggae performance. The lead singer of the band requested to “see some titties” during their performance, and also to see the audience members who had been “drinking and smoking all day” to “get crazy.” The crowd readily responded with dancing and cheering.

During The Pharcyde’s performance, the line extended beyond the stadium parking lot. To check for prohibited objects – which included cameras, water bottles and weapons – security guards patted down attendees upon entering Harder Stadium, causing congestion at the entrance of the event.

Many people walked away upon observing the length of the line, and others waited at least an hour to enter. Some spectators beat the crowds by watching the show from outside the stadium.

Elizabeth Arcese, a second-year business economics and global studies major, said the long line discouraged her from going inside.

“There was a line wrapped around the parking lot,” Arcese said. “We didn’t want to wait so we walked around to the fence by the stadium and listened to Pepper. They were good, but I think they were really drunk.”

Spectators sported varying attire, wearing everything from oversized t-shirts and pants to miniskirts and tank tops in the rain. Frisbees flew through the air as the spectators checked out the vendors and ate 1/4 lb. hot dogs and 1/3 lb. hamburgers from the concession stand.

Ben Clarfield, a third-year sociology and sports management major and resident of South San Francisco, said he was interested in the influence of the “hyphy movement” on local culture. “Hyphy” is a term that combines the words “hype” and “fly” to represent music and dance styles associated with the San Francisco Bay area.

“The hyphy movement is working its way down to SB,” Clarfield said, sporting his 2XL-size “Bay Area Represents” T-shirt. “I’m excited I got the day off from work.”

Security personnel at the event said Extravaganza went well, aside from a few minor incidents and injuries, including a head laceration.

E-40 performed songs from his successful album, “My Ghetto Report Card. To stimulate the audience, he opened his set by yelling to the crowd “Where you from?” before asking attendees to hold up fingers to represent lost loved ones. He also told them to “get stupid.”

Alida Petersen, a second-year religious studies major, said she attended Extravaganza to see E-40, the famed Bay Area rapper who is a key figure in the “hyphy movement.”

“E-40 fucking loves us,” Petersen said. “I felt the love for all the people who came out in the rain. E-40 was worth it.”

Many vendors set up booths in the stadium including HempWise, Jamba Juice and several student groups.

Donna Kwok, a member of ASPB and third-year communication and business economics major, was in charge of organizing the vendors. She also worked at the Communication Association’s booth, selling tacos.

“We were the only student group selling food,” Kwok, a member of the Communication Association, said. “Ten groups signed up, but only five showed up.”

Kwok said the low vendor turnout was likely a result of the poor weather conditions. The Communication Association workers had no problem selling tacos, she said, and the group ran out of meat after two hours. She said revenue from food sales will fund speakers and club activities.