Non-Traditional Student Resource Center hosts childrens’ toy and clothing swap

The Non-Traditional Student Resource Center is hosting a “Kids’ Toy & Clothing Swap” on Thursday, March 9 from 4-6 p.m. outside the Community Center at Storke Family Student Housing. 

Participants are encouraged to bring donations to room 1109 of the Student Resource Building (SRB) before or on Wednesday, March 8, prior to the swap, but can also bring items to the swap itself. 

“This is a great chance to reorganize your kids’ closet and toy clutter and exchange outgrown items for new(ish) outfits and toys,” the Shoreline description read

Ravaani at UCSB hosts winter concert 

Ravaani at UC Santa Barbara — an on-campus South Asian fusion acappella team — is hosting its winter concert on Friday, March 10 from 7-10 p.m. at Girvetz Hall room 1004. 

The concert will feature past and current conference sets from the organization, showcasing South Asian music and culture. 

“We are excited to be sharing arrangements from conference sets past and present with the UCSB community and showcase our unique blend of South Asian music and current hits,” the Shoreline description read

Graduate Student Association holds winter lounge party 

The Graduate Student Association (GSA) is hosting its winter lounge party for graduate students on Friday, March 10 from 7-10 p.m. in the GSA Lounge in the MultiCultural Center. 

GSA is UCSB’s elected representative government for graduate students on campus.

The party will have free drinks and food, as well as opportunities for adult games, trivia and prizes. 

Prospective attendees can sign up through a form in GSA’s Instagram bio. 

Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity hosts social for asexual and aromantic campus members 

The Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity (RCSGD) is hosting a picnic and games social for asexual and aromantic individuals on Saturday, March 11 from 1-3 p.m. at the SRB lawn. 

Snacks will be provided. 

“Join us for our picnic on the SRB lawn on Saturday, March 11, for an afternoon of fun and games! Feel free to bring your own food, or enjoy the food provided,” the Shoreline description read.

RCSGD is the LGBTQIA+ center at UCSB that provides support, resources and education for and about the LGBTQIA+ community. 

ONDAS Student Center hosts care and community space ahead of finals 

The Opening New Doors to Accelerating Success (ONDAS) Student Center is hosting a “Care & Community” space ahead of finals season for students on Monday, March 13, from 9-10 a.m. in Kerr Hall room 1150. The event is in collaboration with the Educational Opportunity Program and the A.S. Student Commission on Racial Equity.

Participants can access free food and testing materials, as well as have a study and community space available. Food will feature Super Cucas breakfast burritos — vegan and vegetarian options are included. 

ONDAS Student Center is an academic resource center for first-generation students at UCSB. 

ONDAS Student Center hosts space for DIY boba kits and games 

ONDAS Student Center is providing space to de-stress with do-it-yourself boba kits and board and card games on Wednesday, March 15 from 2-3 p.m. at Kerr Hall room 1150. 

“Flavors include brown sugar and taro served with oat milk,” the Shoreline description read. “Feel free to join us for a study jam in the center and take a break by playing games with folks in the center.”

A version of this article appeared on p. 2 of the March 9, 2023, print edition of the Daily Nexus.

Asumi Shuda
Asumi Shuda (they/them) is the Lead News Editor for the 2023-24 school year. Previously, Shuda was the Deputy News Editor, Community Outreach News Editor for the 2022-23 school year and the 2021-22 school year and an Assistant News Editor during the 2020-21 school year. They can be reached at asumishuda@dailynexus.com or news@dailynexus.com.