Daniela Gomez / Daily Nexus

Women’s Center Hosts “Honoring Women’s History: A Student Art Installation”

The UC Santa Barbara Women’s Center is holding a student art installation on Feb. 24. Students are encouraged to go to the Student Resource Building Northside Lawn from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. to paint. The Women’s Center will provide all art supplies, and the canvases will be displayed in the Women’s Center Lounge during Week 9. 

Chicanx/Latinx Cultural Resource Center Hosts “Promoting Mental Health in the Latinx Community” 

The Chicanx/Latinx Cultural Resource Center is hosting a discussion on mental health from various perspectives: the COVID-19 pandemic and the disparities that exist within mental health for people of color. 

“This event aims to highlight the importance of mental health in the latinx/chicanx community, mental health services offered at UCSB, and possible careers in the mental health field,” the Shoreline description stated

Girl Up Hosts “Girl Up After Dark Bracelet Night”

UCSB Girl Up will be hosting a bracelet-making night on Feb. 24 at 8 p.m. The organization is inviting students to join them in making bracelets with colors that represent all the countries supported by Girl Up International. The organization hopes to build “community connections through conversation and bracelet making,” the Shoreline description stated.

RCSGD and SexInfoOnCampus Hosts “Kink101 Workshop with SexInfo Online!”

UCSB’s Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity and SexInfoOnCampus are hosting a workshop on Feb. 25 at 4 p.m. The workshop will include guest speaker Owen Renert, a local organizer. The workshop is “an introduction to BDSM and navigating the kink community safely,” according to the Shoreline description

“Join us in learning how to set the right boundaries and explore intimacy in the most beneficial way,” the Shoreline description stated. 

UCSB Vivian Storm MCs Open Mic Night 

Vivian Storm, an illusionist and performer, will be lending her skills to the UCSB community by emceeing an open mic night through the MultiCultural Center. The event will be held on Feb. 25 at 7:30 p.m.

Storm brings with her experiences in drag performance and hosting events and workshops on gender, worthiness and performance. 

Atmika Iyer
Atmika Iyer (she/her/hers) is the Daily Nexus editor in chief for the 2022-23 school year. Previously, Iyer was the County News and co-Lead News Editor for the 2021-22 school year. She's a lover of loud music, loud laughs and loud prints.
Holly Rusch
Holly Rusch (she/her) is the Lead News Editor for the 2022-23 school year. Previously, Rusch was the University News Editor and co-Lead News Editor for the 2020-21 school year. She can be reached at news@dailynexus.com or hollyrusch@dailynexus.com.