UC Santa Barbara and local governmental organizations, including the Isla Vista Recreation and Park District and the Isla Vista Community Services District, put on sanctioned events for students to take part in during Halloween weekend. 

I.V. Theater Showings

The I.V. Theater is playing a series of showings on Tuesdays from Nov. 2 to Nov. 16, free of charge. The following films will be displayed on the following days at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.: “The Forever Purge” on Nov. 2, “The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard” on Nov. 9 and “Jungle Cruise” on Nov. 16. I.V. Theater is also showing the following Magic Lantern films for $5 per ticket: “Old” on Nov. 1, “Free Guy” on Nov. 5 and Nov. 8, and “The Suicide Squad” on Nov. 19 and Nov. 22; all showings will be held at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. Finally, a late-night double feature of “The Rocky Picture Horror Show” on Nov. 5 at midnight will also be shown for $5 per ticket. 

UCSB Recreation Center 

The Recreation Center hosted Hallowheels on Oct. 29 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., where participants skated, listened to the disc jockey, watched movies, ate pizza, joined a silent disco, made s’mores, decorated masks, painted pumpkins and more. 

Student Organizations 

The Salsa, Bachata and Kizomba club hosted its fourth annual Halloween Dance Spooktacular on Oct. 30 from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the University Center Hub. Activities included a costume contest, performances and dance lessons. 

Associated Students 

The Associated Students Program Board held its annual Delirium event on Oct. 30 beginning at 8 p.m. at Storke Plaza. This year’s Delirium was headlined by Denzel Curry and featured Doechii. 

Isla Vista Community Services District 

The Isla Vista Community Services District (IVCSD) created a $10,000 grant program for local organizations putting on Halloween events to use in their programming. The Isla Vista Food Cooperative, the St. George Youth Center and the Associated Students External Vice President for Local Affairs used IVCSD funding to sponsor a costume contest, pumpkin carving and Haunt the Loop, respectively. 

A version of this article appeared on p. 5 of the Nov. 4, 2021 print edition of the Daily Nexus.

Asumi Shuda and Atmika Iyer contributed to this article.