There’s nothing that makes me think of my childhood more than chorizo con huevos. It brings back memories of driving to the carniceria with my mother while listening to 107.5 FM on the radio, or watching her cook from the countertop. Not only does this dish incite pleasant memories, but it also makes a hearty meal and is versatile with so many dishes that you’ll find yourself getting lost in the flavor of chorizo con huevos. 

Yuriko Chavez / Daily Nexus

Ingredients:

• 9 oz beef chorizo
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 big russet potato
  • 2 slices diced onion (optional)
  • 3 tbsp olive oil 

Toppings (Optional):

• Sliced green onion
  • Cheese

Yuriko Chavez / Daily Nexus

Directions:

1. Set a small pot of water to boil. Peel the potato and cut it into fairly large chunks, then transfer to boiling water. Cover the potatoes with a lid for about eight minutes. Once the timer is done, turn off the heat but leave the potatoes in the water.
  2. In a skillet, stir-fry the onions in olive oil for two minutes. Then add the chorizo and cook for eight minutes. Add in six eggs and scramble them with the chorizo for 10 minutes. 
  3. Remove the potatoes from the pot of water and transfer to the skillet. Remove from heat and serve with toppings as desired.

You can enjoy chorizo con huevos on its own or you can add it to your sandwiches or tacos. Either way, chorizo con huevos makes a fast and delicious meal for any occasion.

Yuriko Chavez
Yuriko Chavez is a staff writer for the Daily Nexus. She loves Octobers and staring longingly outside car windows.