The sentencing date for former iV Menus owner Patrick Galoustian was pushed back for the third time on Wednesday to Sept. 16.
The charges include oral copulation of an unconscious person, sexual penetration by a foreign object, sodomy of an intoxicated person, oral copulation with a person prevented from resisting due to intoxication and criminal threats.
Jennifer Karapetian, senior deputy district attorney in the Santa Barbara County District Attorney’s Office, previously told the Nexus that it is expected that Galoustian will be sentenced to 18 years in state prison and will have to register as a sex offender for life.
Galoustian’s sentencing was originally set to take place on Jan. 29, 2020 but was postponed to March 18 after his lawyer, Leonard B. Levine, had a scheduling issue.
Two days before his March 18 sentencing, presiding Judge Michael J. Carrozzo signed an administrative order to continue most cases in the Santa Barbara Superior Court after April 3 due to coronavirus concerns, delaying Galoustian’s sentencing again.
Galoustian’s sentencing date was then rescheduled to July 15, where Karapetian said Levine asked to postpone the sentencing for 60 days because he needed more time to work on the case.
Evelyn Spence contributed reporting.