Sierra Deak / Daily Nexus

MFA STUDIOS OPEN HOUSE

The Master of Fine Arts program will be hosting an open studio this Friday, Nov. 17, from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. at their offices underneath the eastern side of Harder Stadium. Department of Art graduate students will be presenting their newest art pieces and works. Light food and refreshments will be served.

CSD OPEN HOUSE FOR NEW TAX

The I.V. Community Services District (CSD) will be hosting an open house at its office at the I.V. Neighborhood Clinic building at 970 Embarcadero Del Mar behind Naan Stop this Saturday, Nov. 18, from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. The CSD will be looking for I.V. residents’ input over the utility user tax it hopes to pass next year. Stop by and give your elected representatives your opinion on the tax and what they can do to better serve your community.

ISLA VISTA FALL FESTIVAL

Local Isla Vista groups will be putting on a festival this Saturday, Nov. 18, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Anisq’Oyo Park. There will be live music from Careless Club and free henna, and UC Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara City College organizations will be giving away free items and information. I.V. property providers will also be providing information about housing for next year. This event is sponsored by the I.V. Union, External Vice President of Local Affairs, UCSB Community Housing Office, I.V. Recreation and Park District and the Isla Vista Foot Patrol.

BEACH BRUNCH YOGA

Beach Brunch Yoga is back again with 35 spots for yogis available this Sunday, Nov. 19. The event includes an hour-long yoga session on the bluffs overlooking the ocean followed by a light brunch. Participants should meet at the Isla Vista Food Cooperative patio at 9:45 a.m. to leave for yoga at 10 a.m. Interested participants can go to the Co-op or call (805) 968-1401 to sign up. Attendance costs $5 and can be paid in cash or credit. Drop-ins are not accepted.

MEATLESS SUNDAY

A local group called Food Not Bombs will serve free vegan food at 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 19, at Little Acorn Park (next to Bagel Cafe). Food Not Bombs is a large organization that spans the country and is a form of “franchise activism.” They believe corporate and government priorities are skewed and allow hunger despite the abundance of food and food waste. Those interested in cooking for Sunday can email organizers at foodnotbombsislavista@gmail.com or look for more information on the Food Not Bombs — Isla Vista Facebook page. The dinner is held regularly every Sunday.

SEASONAL PRODUCE TASTING

The Isla Vista Food Cooperative will be hosting a produce tasting for fruits and vegetables grown in the fall season. The tasting will take place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. this Tuesday, Nov. 21, at the Co-op’s building on 6575 Seville Road.

A version of this article appeared on p.3 of the Nov. 16 print edition of the Daily Nexus.