STATE OF THE UNION
The next Isla Vista Community Network meeting will be held Thursday at the I.V. Clinic building. The meeting will run from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., and lunch will be provided. Stakeholders involved in I.V. — heads of local nonprofit organizations, volunteers, long-term residents, students, county representatives and Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers — will update one another on the status of their respective groups as they relate to the community. I.V. Community Network meetings are regularly held on the second Thursday of every month.

PARK IT HERE
The Isla Vista Recreation and Park District (IVRPD) board of directors will be meeting 6-8 p.m. Thursday in the IVRPD building next to the I.V. Food Co-op. The board will be possibly looking to accept a $13,000 donation from UCSB as well as consider a mural design to display at Anisq’Oyo’ Park. The board of directors regularly meets on the second Thursday of every month.

JUGGLE THIS, BUDDY
The world’s longest-running regional juggling festival returns to I.V. this weekend at the onset of the 41st annual Isla Vista Jugglers Festival. UCSB Juggling Club members invite the non-juggling public to join them in People’s Park for all manner of juggling fun. Festivities are set for 6 p.m. to midnight Friday, 10 a.m. to midnight Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. The juggling club will also be selling tickets for a show at 7:30 p.m. Saturday in I.V. Theater, the proceeds of which will go toward the Santa Barbara Rape Crisis Center. There will also be a fire circle on Saturday.

BED SHEETS AND BRASS CYMBALS
Twelve is the magic number for the fifth annual Toga-Palooza, as 12 different bands will be playing from 12 p.m. to 12 a.m. this Saturday at 6527 Sabado Tarde Rd. Taking the stage will be This is Napoleon, Pookie, Poster Child, The Real Savage Henry, The Anti Sheist, Crimes New Roman, Hats, Rabbitfoot, Mellow Grass, Frisson, The Mallards and Milk Drunk. The event is free and open to the general public, and organizers encourage attendees to wear togas.

MEATLESS SUNDAY
A local group called Food Not Bombs will serve free vegan food at 5 p.m. Sunday in Little Acorn Park (next to Bagel Café). Food Not Bombs is a large organization that spans the country and is a form of “franchise activism.” They believe that corporate and government priorities are skewed and allow hunger despite the abundance of food and food waste. Those interested in cooking for Sunday can email organizers at foodnotbombsislavista@gmail.com. The dinner is regularly held every Sunday.

OUR NEW GOVERNMENT
The Isla Vista Community Services District (CSD) will be holding a board meeting 6 p.m. Tuesday in the I.V. Clinic Building at 970 Embarcadero Del Mar. Directors will continue to work through the process of starting up a new government in I.V. months after its formation in February. The CSD board regularly holds its meetings on the first and third Tuesdays of each month.

A version of this story appeared on p.3 of the Thursday, May 11, 2017, print edition of the Daily Nexus.