Riley Esguerra/Daily Nexus

Riley Esguerra/Daily Nexus

The Associated Students Finance and Business Committee (F&B) allocated $12,565 to campus organizations on Monday, partially funding three requests and fully funding three others.

A.S. F&B met in the State Street room of the UCen on campus to consider $16,851 in requests from campus clubs. The committee fully funded requests from the Mock Trial Team for $1,495, Cotillion Dance Club for $3,950 and La Escuelita for $900. A.S. F&B also partially funded requests from three clubs, allocating $2,370 to the Swing and Ballroom Dance Club, $3,000 to the Women’s Soccer Club and $850 to the Chinese Students and Scholars Association (CSSA).

At the beginning of the meeting, the committee operated with $19,500 in Office of Student Life (OSL) funds, $6,665 in Senate Unallocated funds, $45,000 Student Initiated Outreach Program funds, $28,565 in Culture Weeks and Graduations funds, $26,480 for sports teams and $17,164 for academic teams.

The Swing and Ballroom Dance Club requested $3,006 to host their “Swingin’ Hearts Swing Dance” event on Feb. 13, and was granted $2,370 by the committee and told to request funding for parking passes and photo booths from After Dark, a club that funds student-run, alcohol-free events.

Fourth-year film and media studies major and Swing and Ballroom Dance Club representative Cecilia Gutierrez said the club provides a fun and educational experience for all skill-levels.

“We are committed to providing social events for dancing. We encourage dancers from all backgrounds to participate and create a community,” Gutierrez said.

Women’s Club Soccer requested $6,000 to fund travel and coaching expenses for nationals in Arizona, and was granted $3,000, the maximum funding amount allowed for sports clubs.

The Mock Trial Team requested and was awarded $1,495 for travel expenses and registration fees for competitions in Arizona, Fresno and San Diego.

Mock Trial member and third-year undeclared major James McFeely said members of the club compete in events that simulate courts of law.

“We like to see Mock Trial as an academic sport,” McFeely said. “We’re asking for money to bring as many teams and as many people to as many tournaments we can so we can teach them the best we can.”

CSSA was awarded $850 of their $1,500 request for hosting a Casino Night with live student performers.

CSSA representative and second-year economics major Peilin Hu said the event allows audience members to enjoy free music and mingle.

“The event aims to provide a relaxed music environment where like-minded people can perform and the audience can enjoy music,” Hu said.

Cotillion Dance Club requested and was awarded $3,950 to host a weekly dance event in the Hub, where students will receive free dance lessons and socialize with other dancers.

La Escuelita requested and was awarded $900 to host its annual Thanksgiving dinner with Hermanos Unidos for Isla Vista families on Nov. 23.

La Escuelita representative and third-year political science major Cristina Hernandez said the event allows students and families in I.V. to enjoy the holiday together.

“We prepare a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with turkey and mashed potatoes,” Hernandez said. “We hold this event because Isla Vista is very densely populated by college students and we often forget there are families in Isla Vista as well.”