The student-run storage service company known as BoxCamp will offer summer storage and delivery for UC Santa Barbara students moving out of on-campus residence halls during the last two weeks of Spring Quarter.

Second-year UC Los Angeles sociology student Keith Yoder founded BoxCamp, originally named Bruin Bins, last year as a freshman. After providing temporary summer storage for approximately 200 UCLA students last year, Yoder decided to expand his business to UCSB and rename it BoxCamp. The company provides students with boxes to pack their belongings in, which students then drop off at designated locations on campus. Boxes are stored for the entire summer and will be available for pick-up or can be delivered for a fee at the start of the upcoming school year. BoxCamp offers students either a storage box with dimensions 18x18x16 inches for $35 or two boxes of the same size for $65. Students can also store suitcases, microwaves, mattresses, mini fridges and dressers separately for an additional cost, with insurance provided for all stored items.

Yoder said students will be able to purchase summer storage and flat-rate delivery beginning the last two weeks of school outside residence halls. BoxCamp will allow students to focus on their studies and not have to stress about moving and storage, according to Yoder.

“During the tenth week and finals week, we will be tabling for new orders, distributing boxes to students living in the residence halls and picking up their boxes to be stored at an off-campus location,” Yoder said. “This will help many students living in the dorms with the move-out process and allow them to focus on their final exams.”

Yoder said he began working with the Residence Hall Association (RHA) to bring BoxCamp to UCSB after he learned students have few storage options available to them during the summer, because storage units in Santa Barbara are expensive and tend to fill up quickly.

“We really hope that we can provide a good service to UC Santa Barbara students that they did not really have offered to them before,” Yoder said. “The goal is to help people save some money and not have to take all their stuff home for the summer.”

BoxCamp representative and third-year economics and accounting major Harrison Goldblatt said he is working on last minute details with RHA, but expects the service to be ready for students during the last two weeks of school.

“We are not sure exactly where we will be tabling as of now, but students will definitely see us outside the residence halls and on campus during the last two weeks of school,” Goldblatt said. “There, we will be ready to take student orders for their summer storage needs.”

First-year actuarial science major Kaila Martinez said BoxCamp could be the solution to her storage problem because she is unable to move her belongings into summer housing in Isla Vista immediately at the end of the school year, and it would be inconvenient for her to store them at home.

“I cannot move my stuff into my new place in I.V. right after finals and I do not want to move it from the dorms down to Oceanside and then back again,” Martinez said. “BoxCamp seems super convenient and might be the right way to avoid moving my things back and forth.”