Law enforcement officers with the Isla Vista Foot Patrol (IVFP) responded to numerous calls over the weekend in Isla Vista with various incidents concerning drug seizure, multiple burglaries and multiple fights.

On Thursday night, deputies found alumnus Michael Kowitz making a hand-to-hand sale of marijuana outside the residence of 6702 Del Playa Drive. Deputies detained Kowitz and his customer and found Kowitz to be in possession of a quarter pound of marijuana. Further search of Kowitz’s vehicle yielded the seizure of an additional 10 pounds of marijuana, processed and ready for sale. Under the Miranda rights, Kowitz admitted to transporting marijuana for a dispensary and illegally furnishing a quarter pound of marijuana to his friend. Both were arrested and booked into the Santa Barbara County Jail.

Also on Thursday night, deputies responded to a burglary at the 6500 block of Sabado Tarde Road. The reporter of the incident said she saw a male in dark clothing near her residence carrying multiple laptops. A possible prowler was seen later, also dressed in dark clothing, on the doorstep of an address on the 6500 block of El Nido Lane.

While deputies responded to the burglary at Sabado Tarde, an IVFP deputy noticed a suspicious male in dark clothing on the 6500 block of DP. The suspect, identified as Goleta resident Brandon Topete, was riding a bicycle with a removed serial number while under the influence of methamphetamine and in possession of burglary tools and a baton. A safe and a backpack were found in a nearby trashcan. Topete was booked into SB County Jail.

On Friday night, IVFP reported 11 physical arrests. UCPD sent two officers to assist and IVFP also had a saturation patrol out. SB County Jail custody staff also came out to assist with transportation and California Highway Patrol was called in to handle a traffic accident involving a bicyclist.

Also on Friday, a fight broke out in the middle of the intersection of Seville and Embarcadero del Norte. The fight reportedly involved 20 subjects, and by the time law enforcement arrived on the scene most of the fighting had stopped and people were seen fleeing. Twenty-year-old Abdullah Alsamdani continued fighting and was arrested.

Later on Friday night, deputies caught a male UCSB student outside the residence of 6606 DP pushing and challenging others to fight. He was arrested, but as deputies attempted to leave the area they were surrounded by his housemates, also UCSB students. The housemates unsuccessfully attempted to free the suspect and one was arrested.

On Saturday, IVFP deputies responded to a residential burglary on the 6600 block of Sabado Tarde. An unknown suspect who could not be apprehended entered a bedroom through an unlocked sliding glass door and stole a backpack containing a laptop, a wallet, credit cards, two textbooks, $50 in cash and a $50 Visa gift card.

Also on Saturday, an intoxicated male reported being punched in the face and knocked unconscious. The only information known is that the victim was hit in the head with a skateboard by an unknown male. In all, IVFP recorded 10 physical arrests and 12 citations on Saturday night.

On Sunday, deputies responded to an assault inside of Giovanni’s Pizza. A group of Hispanic females reportedly entered the eatery and attacked a Caucasian female while yelling racial slurs. A video of the attack was sent on Snapchat and an investigation currently is ongoing.