Over the weekend, Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to a series of alcohol related incidents and theft cases.

According to IVFP Lieutenant Ray Vuillemainroy, a burglary occurred on Friday night on the 6500 block of Sabado Tarde.

“The victim was hosting a small party at her apartment. During this party, she used her laptop to play music,” Vuillemainroy said. “The victim went to sleep and when she woke up, she realized her laptop had been stolen. The investigation is ongoing.”

Another theft regarding a pick-pocketing incident occurred Saturday afternoon at 2:00 p.m., Vuillemainroy said. The subject claimed his possessions were stolen while walking on the 6600 block of Del Playa, according to Vuillemainroy.

“The subject found that his debit card was used in various locations in Isla Vista,” Vuillemainroy said. “The investigation is ongoing.

Vuillemainroy said students should take measures to protect themselves from crime in Isla Vista.

“Be aware of your surroundings, walk in pairs and be respectful to others,” Vuillemainroy said.

Furthermore, officers responded to several alcohol-related incidents. 18 people were cited for minor in possession of alcohol, 21 people were cited for open container, five people were arrested for drunk in public and five people were given citations because of noise ordinance violations.

A version of this article appeared on page 1 of February 27th, 2013’s print edition of the Nexus.