UCSB’s Career Services is hosting their Winter Career Fair today at the University Center’s Corwin Pavilion, where students from all departments of the College of Engineering and the College of Letters and Science are encouraged to attend, network and meet employers.

Co-sponsored by Hermanas Unidas, the career fair will run from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., with early entrance available at noon for students who come professionally dressed with a résumé that has been critiqued at Career Services. Early admission students must also study the list of employers that will be present at the fair, which includes more than 50 companies, nonprofit organizations and government agencies.

The Winter Career Fair is open to UCSB students of all levels, with recruiters from companies looking for applicants with bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degrees or prospective degrees. Organizations that will be present include AT&T, Intel, Microsoft, Teach for America, Target, Macy’s, Peace Corps and Yelp.com. Recruiters from all fields — ranging from accounting, the arts, education, hospitality, the media, government work and marketing will be present at the fair, looking to make connections with possible future employees.

Employers will be offering full-time jobs, student employment, internships, part-time positions and on-campus jobs. According to the Career Services website, students should not anticipate getting job offers at the fair, but rather should look for contacts and future interview opportunities. Career Services also advises students to come prepared with a short introductory “elevator pitch” that will let employers know who they are and what employment goals they have, in order to make an effective first impression.

This event will be the last career fair of Winter Quarter, and Career Services will hold the school year’s last and largest recruiting event in April of Spring Quarter.

A version of this article appeared on page 7 of January 22nd, 2013’s print edition of the Nexus.