The Surfrider Foundation’s Isla Vista chapter hosted several local musicians, as well as Pacific Dub and Daniel “Bambaata” Marley, grandson of Bob Marley, at their 13th annual Concert for the Coast on Saturday afternoon at Anisq’ Oyo’ Park.

The free event raises money for the organization’s efforts to protect coastline habitats and water quality through raff les and a fundraiser at Silvergreens. The concert also featured musical performances by Sloppy Job, Victory at Sea and Battle of the Bands winner The Fire Department, who will kick off UCSB’s Extravaganza Music Festival this Sunday at Harder Stadium.

The Isla Vista chapter is one of 70 regional groups that constitute the Surfrider Foundation, a California- based organization that works with local communities to preserve water quality around the world. The Fire Department’s guitarist and singer Zeal Levin said he hopes the performance promotes recruitment and furthers the foundation’s goals. “Surfrider promotes clean beaches and responsibility in maintaining and having a good impact on the environment,” Levin said. “The live music brings people together and lets them feel connected to what’s going on around us. It creates a strong sense of community.”

According to Concert for the Coast Coordinator Kevin Mawhinney, the yearly celebration is the organization’s premiere fundraising event.

“We use Concert for the Coast to raise money and promote what we do, which is protecting the coastline as well as the water quality,” Mawhinney said. “I like it for what it provides and involves. It’s free for the community, and we’ve been able to bring in good talent so that everyone can enjoy it.”

Victory at Sea drummer and I.V. Surfrider volunteer David Westcott, a third-year environmental studies major, said the celebration allowed student musicians to connect with new fans while jamming for an eco-friendly cause.

“This was a really awesome event supporting I.V. Surfrider, with all of its proceeds going to projects that give back to the students,” Westcott said. “From a musician’s standpoint, it’s cool to get out there into the community and play for a good cause. There was a good turnout, and it was a good opportunity for bands to present local music — different from the typical I.V. party tunes — that there is still a large fan base for.”