The Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to residential burglaries, a theft and several alcohol-related crimes over the weekend.

The first home robbery occurred Friday between 3 and 7 a.m. on the 6500 block of Sabado Tarde Road. According to IVFP Lieutenant Ray Vuillemainroy, the victims were unable to provide details about the suspect.

“An unknown suspect entered through an unlocked sliding glass door and took three laptops, an iPhone, a wallet and Xbox controllers,” Vuillemainroy said. “There is no suspect information at this time.”

Officers responded to another report of a burglary that occurred Friday between 10 and 10:45 p.m. on the 6600 block of Sueno Road, Vuillemainroy said.

“An unknown suspect entered through an unlocked front door and took the victim’s laptop off the living room couch,” Vuillemainroy said.

Additionally, IVFP encountered a suspect searching for unlocked vehicles Saturday at 2:26 a.m. along El Nido Lane.

According to Vuillemainroy, undercover deputies on a burglary patrol witnessed the suspect attempting to enter numerous parked vehicles.

“Deputies observed the suspect enter one of the vehicles, and after a short time the suspect exited the vehicle and continued to check door handles on other vehicles,” Vuillemainroy said. “The deputies observed him get into a second vehicle, where he was contacted by other responding deputies. The suspect was in possession of stolen property from the first vehicle and was also in possession of oxycodone. The suspect was arrested and confessed to the crime.”

The undercover officers are part of IVFP’s plan to reduce theft within the area, Vuillemainroy said.

“Part of our ‘Stop Burglaries in I.V.’ program includes putting undercover plain-clothed deputies in the field looking for these burglaries,” Vuillemainroy said.

IVFP also handled several alcohol-related crimes throughout the weekend, citing nine people for minor in possession, seven for open containers and one for a loud music violation. Officers also arrested two people for public intoxication.

According to Vuillemainroy, Sunday’s Chilla Vista attendees complied with law enforcement.

“Chilla Vista went well — there were no major incidents to report and it looked like everyone had a good time,” Vuillemainroy said.