UCSB’s Associated Students hosted an afternoon of food and festivities on Saturday during its third annual Pardall Carnival.

Several A.S. groups including the I.V. Community Relations Committee and the office of the External Vice President of Local Affairs coordinated the event to showcase campus and local groups and businesses. A.S. worked alongside community organizations such as the Isla Vista Teen Center in an effort to connect the university with non-student residents in the area.

According to A.S. IVCRC External Chair Kaitlyn Christianson, the fair’s success reflected the collaborative efforts of all parties involved.

“It [has] a stressful planning stage, trying to coordinate everyone in the community, but it is well worth it in the end,” Christianson said.

The festival included a Ferris wheel, new photo booth attraction and 50 tables for various companies and associations, Christianson said.

Morgan Parsons, a fourth-year political science major and UCSB Annual Fund employee, said she enjoyed the opportunity to table at the event.

“It was surprisingly a total blast; I had never been to one before,” Parsons said.

According to Parsons, the Annual Fund received a significant number of entries into their raffle for a two-hour kayaking tour.

The carnival also helped introduce freshmen and transfer students to Isla Vista and the surrounding area.

First-year communications major Amedea Tassinari said the fair highlighted the wide array of groups available on campus.

“It was cool that we got to see a bunch of tables for organizations that we did not know existed,” Tassinari said.

Christianson said the festival has improved over the years and she and her colleagues aim to increase attendance in the future.

“We used a lot of the same feel as last year,” Christianson said. “Every year it grows a little bit.”