Santa Barbara City Council will review the city’s third quarter budget as of March 31 for the fiscal year of 2011. The council will listen to the Finance Committee’s recommendation to approve $850,000 in appropriations to the Fire Department and provide an additional $54,000 in appropriations to the City Attorney’s Office. The committee will also recommend that the council approve a $904,000 increase in projected transient occupancy tax revenues to cover the appropriations to the Fire Department and City Attorney’s Office budgets.

The council will also listen to recommendations from the Community Development Department to approve amendments to the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Agreement. The amendments would redistribute the Santa Barbara Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Collaborative’s funding to aid homeless individuals searching for new living arrangements. Currently, the organizations provide financial assistance to people in danger of becoming homeless. The amendment will relocate $125,000 from Catholic Charities to Transition House and Casa Esperanza. The modification will also transfer $25,000 from Rental Housing Mediation Task Force Program to Legal Aid Foundation for homelessness prevention.