The Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors and Goleta City Council will consider various issues and proposals today during their weekly meeting. The Santa Barbara City Council will not meet this week.

Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors

The board will discuss establishing a 45-minute Time Limited Parking Restriction zone in Isla Vista on Seville Road.

Fifth District Supervisor Steve Lavagnino proposed that the county eliminate access to 411 directory service for county employees as a means to cut county staff expenditures.

The board will also consider establishing a Community Services Dept. — encompassing the Parks, Housing and Community Development, Animal Services, the Library Advisory Committee, the Human Services Commission and the Arts Commission — while eliminating the Parks and the Housing and Community Development Dept.

Additionally, there is a scheduled hearing on an ordinance granting ERG Resources, LLC a 20-year private pipeline franchise to allow the continued operation and maintenance of the existing oil and gas pipeline system through Palmer Rd. and Cat Canyon Rd., near the Cat Canyon Oil Fields. An additional hearing is scheduled for April 19 to consider the adoption of the ordinance and approval of exemptions addressing the environmental impact.

The board will discuss submitting a letter to the California State Lands Commission and the California State Division of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources regarding the Summerland Abandoned Oil Wells. The letter would request a presentation regarding seepage from natural and man-made sources in the Lookout Point area of Summerland and ask for a report from state agencies on previous oil exploration in other areas of the county, such as the Coal Oil Point.

Goleta City Council

The council will consider a proposed contract expiring on June 30, 2019 with MarBorg Industries — currently serving areas south of Hollister Ave. — for citywide solid waste handling services. Although Allied Waste Services currently provides solid waste pickup and disposal for residents and businesses north of Hollister Ave., the agreement will expire on June 30, 2011 and the company could potentially lose all business in the city if MarBorg wins the new contract.

The council will also discuss internalizing the review of Alcohol Beverage Control licenses under the responsibilities of the City Manager. The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Dept. has reviewed applications on behalf of the city since 2003.