The Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to an assault, two burglaries and several alcohol-related crimes this weekend.

According to IVFP Lieutenant Ray Vuillemainroy, deputies received a report that a female had been physically assaulted on the corner of Sueño Road and Camino Pescadero early Saturday morning.

“There was an assault where the suspect punched, stomped and kicked the victim,” Vuillemainroy said. “The victim sustained serious injuries to the face, shoulder and elbow.”

The abused individual was transported to the hospital and deputies were able to contact a suspect.

“It appears we have identified a suspect and we are still investigating the situation,” Vuillemainroy said.

Deputies also responded to two burglaries throughout the weekend.

The first burglary occurred on the 6600 block of Trigo Road Saturday morning. Vuillemainroy said the victim reported that a suspect entered his residence and stole a white Macbook.

Deputies responded to the second burglary on the 6700 block of Sueño Road on Saturday. According to Vuillemainroy, the suspects stole a laptop from the residence.

“The suspects entered through an unlocked door and took a Macbook Pro,” Vuillemainroy said. “No suspect info was available.”

Officers also handled several alcohol-related crimes over the weekend, citing six people for urinating in public, five for minor in possession and four for open containers.

According to Vuillemainroy, deputies were forced to pursue a UIP suspect who fled from law enforcement.

“The suspect was urinating on the sidewalk when deputies approached him,” Vuillemainroy said. “A friend screamed, ‘Cops, run’ and the suspect ran. Deputies engaged in a foot chase, caught [the suspect] and took him into custody.”