The Office of Student Life held a meeting last Friday to discuss the campus’ upcoming events.

During the hour-long meeting, Associated Students representatives conferred about the National Collegiate Athletic Association Men’s College Cup — which the university is hosting Dec. 10-12 — and an imminent A.S. Program Board concert featuring indie rock band Interpol. Both events are expected to attract a large group of attendees, with the College Cup anticipated to reel in 10,000 event-goers and the concert slated to sell 4,000 tickets.

According to the Tournament Director Tom Hastings, 5,000 tickets have already been sold for the championship game.

“The event will impact the campus the entire first week of December leading up to the 12th,” Hastings said. “Storke Field will be reserved for Fan Fest [on] Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.”

Fan Fest provides an 8,000-square foot area for soccer enthusiasts with jump houses, team paraphernalia and vendors, including Wilson Sporting Goods and Coca Cola.

The finals will also provide a rare opportunity for a college soccer game to be broadcast on ESPN — possibly in high definition.

“One change will be the presence of ESPN and their equipment,” Hastings said. “High definition would double equipment usage.”

Furthermore, A.S. Program Board will team up with the Santa Barbara Bowl on Feb. 4 to bring Interpol to campus.

According to Ali Abbas, A.S. Program Board special events coordinator, tickets for the event will be sold to the Bowl’s constituency via Ticketmaster and through the university.

“Capacity is only 4,000 and 50 percent of tickets will be sold on Ticketmaster,” Abbas said. “That’s why they’re going on sale early — it will sell out fast.”

Lastly, I.V. Foot Patrol Lieutenant Ray Vuillemainroy discussed the overall success of Halloween containment efforts.

“What helped was A.S.’s campaign about keeping it local,” Vuillemainroy stated. “The crowds were manageable and when we tried to clear the streets, people responded. The lights helped a lot with safety and controlling the crowds. Overall it was a very tranquil Halloween.”

In addition to a drop in attendance, Vuillemainroy said 250 less citations were reported this year while arrests were cut in half compared to Halloween 2009.

Instead of relying on hand stamps, Assistant Director of Residential Life Kristen Burnett said the residence halls practiced a new completely electronic lockdown system to ensure campus safety during Halloween weekend.

“[Almost] 40 people were thrown out for guest violations,” Burnett stated. “And there were five medical transports. It was much better than last year.”