The Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to several assaults this weekend, as well as reports of burglaries, vandalism and numerous alcohol-related offenses.

Early Saturday morning, officers found two intoxicated men on the 6500 block of Sabado Tarde suffering from multiple head wounds. IVFP Lt. Ray Vuillemainroy said the victims had been injured after a verbal argument between themselves and a large group of men escalated, and the two victims were given an old-fashioned beat down.

“The two intoxicated victims were walking when they became involved in an argument with about eight males,” Vuillemainroy said. “The eight males battered the two victims, causing lacerations and swelling to their faces and heads.”

According to Vuillemainroy, there is currently no suspect information because the victims were too intoxicated to provide details of their eight assailants.

Another assault occurred early Sunday on the 6600 block of Trigo. Vuillemainroy said two male suspects had gotten into an altercation, during which one of the male suspects had battered the other against a nearby parked vehicle.

“During a physical confrontation between the victim and the suspect, the suspect hit the victim’s head against the license plate of a vehicle, causing a laceration to the top of his head,” Vuillemainroy said. “The victim could not identify the suspect.”

IVFP responded to four vandalisms and three burglaries throughout the weekend. Vuillemainroy said crimes such as these are a growing problem that stem partly from students forgetting to secure their houses in their absence.

“We have had a lot of burglaries,” Vuillemainroy said. “Part of the reason why is because a lot of students leave their doors and windows unlocked, and people are just coming and stealing their laptops and stuff.”

Officers also handled an unusually high amount of alcohol-related crimes over the weekend, issuing 11 citations for open containers, 36 tickets for minors in possession, four counts of urinating in public and 12 noise ordinance violations. IVFP also made 21 arrests for public intoxication.