I’ll be frank: The fan support at Monday’s basketball game was absolutely pitiful. I seriously felt like I was at a U.S. Open tennis match for the first 45 minutes. I understand that a lot of you were just there to get your North Carolina ticket, but if your support on Friday is on the level of Utah State, the reputation of our student section will be tarnished forever. North Carolina is one of the most prestigious basketball programs in the entire nation, and it would be almost disrespectful to not provide them with a “warm welcome,” if you will.

These young men are flying thousands of miles to play a mid-major team, so why not give them the proper reception they deserve? If we want to win this game, we’ll need to be immensely more passionate than we were tonight. This being said, I would like to offer some advice for achieving the hostile atmosphere that I know my fellow Gauchos are capable of creating.

First and foremost, make noise, and make lots of it. Cheer loud and cheer early. This is an athletic event, not a social gathering, so conduct yourselves accordingly. Stand up. Wear yellow. Arrive early; let’s make some noise prior to the game for once. And finally, believe. If you’ve followed sports at all over the last year and a half, you’ll know that stranger things have happened. See you all Friday; I expect every one of you to be fired up.