Actress Heather Locklear has been charged with misdemeanor driving under the influence following her arrest in Montecito in late September, and is set to be arraigned on Jan. 26.

According to claims filed yesterday by the Santa Barbara County District Attorney’s office, the actress was determined to be under the influence of prescription drugs when police apprehended her on Sept. 27. The “Melrose Place” star was picked up after witnesses watched her drive back and forth over a pair of sunglasses in a Montecito parking lot.

Onlooker Jill Ishkanian – who is, incidentally, a former editor for Us Weekly – called 9-1-1 and alerted authorities to the disturbance. Ishkanian later alleged that she witnessed Locklear pull her car onto East Valley Road, exit the vehicle and stumble into a lane of traffic.

By the time police arrived on scene, Locklear had moved to nearby Highway 192, where she was seated alone in the driver’s seat and was stopped in a traffic lane. Although the report described Locklear as appearing “disoriented,” the CHP ruled out alcohol as the source of her intoxication.

Locklear was arrested for driving under the influence and of being under the influence of a controlled substance. After being tested for drugs, she was released without having to post bail. She is now scheduled for arraignment for Jan. 26.