The campus teemed with students and their parents over the past few days thanks to the annual Parents’ and Family Weekend.

For a small registration fee, immediate family and close relatives were given the chance to relive their college years while accompanying students to informative faculty presentations, campus tours and other various activities. Hosted by the Office of Public Events, the weekend’s festivities featured attractions such as the adventure ropes course, a tour of the University Art Museum and a campus sustainability presentation.

Gretchen Falvo, director of public events, said Parents’ Weekend has continuously been a successful event for the university.

“Parents’ responses to past weekends have been so positive, the programs have continued to be expanded and enhanced,” Falvo said.

Student volunteers and campus officials gave talks and led events to provide parents with a taste of life on campus and in Isla Vista.

“I am looking forward to the walking tour of the ‘Hidden Treasures in Isla Vista’ [to] see what they have to say about the infamous I.V.,” Georganne Weiss, mother of two UCSB students said.

Over the weekend, Kishoree Keislar said she appreciated having her parents in town – as well as their wallets.

“We did a lot of my grocery shopping,” Keislar, a undeclared first-year student said. “I also got to eat a meal at a nice crepe restaurant.”

The weekend also provided an opportunity for parents to encourage their undergrads to focus on their futures. Tom Urban said he thought the programs put on by the university were useful for him and his son Michael.

“The ‘Choosing a Major’ workshop was really helpful,” Tom Urban said. “That alone was a great reason to come. And the tour gave me a sense of the overall history of [the] campus and notable people who attended UCSB.”