The Line-up (9.25)

ONE
Replacements Re-issues (ALBUM REISSUES)
Yes, it’s a great time to be a fan of the Replacements, one of the most terminally underappreciated bands… well, ever. Not only has lead singer Paul Westerberg been cranking out a number of stellar albums and EPs from his Minneapolis basement the last month or so (such as 49:00, released to the Internet for just .49 cents), but this Tuesday, Rhino Records re-released re-mastered versions of all the old ‘Ments’ classics, including the incomparable duo of ’80s albums, Tim and Pleased to Meet Me.

TWO
“Boston Legal” (TV)
Last week, Artsweek’s article on fall television alluded to the cancellation of “Boston Legal.” Well, Artsweek has never been happier to be wrong. David E. Kelley’s whole crew of loveable yet hateable wack-jobs (played with gleeful abandon by William Shatner, James Spader and Candice Bergen) returned to the courtroom with an episode about Big Tobacco called “Smoke Signals” this past Monday. You can tune in to the show’s last season on Mondays at 10 p.m. on ABC.

THREE
Ben Folds (CD)
It’s incredibly rare that an artist’s album hits the shelves before it appears on the Internet. It’s a crapshoot: Sometimes the albums that appear on the ‘net are somewhat close to what the album will sound like on the officially released album. Other times, the album may be incomplete, mastered differently or include songs that will later be cut. Never one to skimp on the humor (or take himself too seriously), piano-man Ben Folds leaked an entirely fake version of his upcoming album, Way to Normal with the help of Rollingstone.com in July. The fake album includes six tracks that won’t appear on the official cut of the album, which comes out next Tuesday.

FOUR
Controversial documentary director Michael Moore is out for blood, again. This time around, Moore has decided to release his most recent project for free on the Internet. The film, “Slacker Uprising,” which chronicles Moore’s countrywide tour during the 2004 election, is all about getting America’s youth out to the polls this Nov. 4 presidential election. You can download the film from a number of sources, including your iTunes. Check out Moore’s Web site, www.michaelmoore.com, for more details.

FIVE
The Santa Barbara Book and Author Festival kicks off tomorrow, Sept. 26 at downtown SB’s Victoria Theatre with a lecture by celebrated crime novelist James Ellroy. Ellroy is author of several best-selling novels you are undoubtedly familiar with, including L.A. Confidential and The Black Dahlia. The event, sponsored by UCSB’s Arts & Lectures, will begin at 7 p.m., and tickets are just $5 for students. Check out www.artsandlectures.ucsb.edu for more information.