ONE!
On Monday, Internet giants Amazon and IMDB announced that they would make available over 6,000 films and TV shows for free-and-legal streaming. It’s certainly an interesting development in modern media, especially after the recent WGA strike, which was concerned over the amount writers would recieve from Internet-streaming content and downloads.

TWO!
Director Alex Cox, the man behind ’80s cult films like “Repo Man” and “Sid and Nancy,” as well as polarizing, political films like “Walker” and “Searchers: 2.0” delivers his memoirs in the form of X Films: True Confessions of a Radical Filmmaker. Cox tells the story of his struggles as a young British ex-pat filmmaker up through his most recent endeavors, harking back to the days when independent films were, well, more independent, more political and less cutesy, in addition to ruminating on the state of film today and the direction it’s headed.

THREE!
He may have released his long-awaited magnum opus — SMiLE — a couple years ago, but master pop craftsman Brian Wilson’s latest album proves the man still has a lot left in him. That Lucky Old Sun is the perfect accompaniment to the waning days of a beautiful summer here in Santa Barbara, full of Wilson’s signature swelling harmonies and optimistic, yet melancholy lyrics.

FOUR!
One of today’s most innovative animators, Don Hertzfeldt (who also happens to be a UCSB graduate), will present the official premiere of his latest film, “I Am So Proud of You,” in I.V. Theater at 8 p.m., following a presentation of some of Hertzfeldt’s other films. “I Am So Proud of You” is the second part of his previous film, “Everything Will Be OK.” Tickets to the event are just $5.

FIVE!
Program Board present a welcome back show featuring the only Academy Award-winning rap group out there, Three 6 Mafia. The show will be held at 9 p.m. on Sept. 27 at Storke Plaza. Also featured will be Wiz Khalifa and UCSB’s own Milkman. The event is free, cause it’s hard out there for a pimp/cash-deficient college student.