First of all, I feel like I owe you guys an apology. The way I left for Spring Break was just awkward; I didn’t even tell you I wouldn’t be writing for three weeks. I bet you were just dying to read some Nifty News over break and went through painful withdrawals waiting for the first entry of Spring Quarter. Here I am, back in action. So you know for next time, I’ll only post on days the Nexus prints a paper.

Okay, on to the meat. I am a white girl. You know how I know this (besides looking at my skin)? Because I hate not recycling, I have studied abroad, I can’t live without my coffee, I’m majoring in political science and I love nothing more than a good t-shirt. Stuff White People Like – the blog that helped me learn just how white I am – is my newest addiction.

SWPL is a blog about things that people of light skin tones enjoy. If you are Facebook friends with me, you probably saw a link in my status during finals week, a.k.a. the week of spending too much time on the Internet. SWPL saved me when I thought I would go crazy from studying too much. The blog is catered to non-whites who are unfamiliar with the bizarre but predictable white culture. It gives advice about how to converse with a white person and how to hold your own in white society. Some of my favorite posts on SWPL include having gay friends, having black friends, threatening to move to Canada and expensive sandwiches.

SWPL author Christian Lander was offered a book deal recently because I’m not the only one who has discovered this wildly hilarious gem. I love a good book deal, so you know I’ll be getting to Borders once that wonder hits the shelves.

Oh, and one last thing: Happy spring!