This evening, guest professor Mark Crispin Miller will present his views on vote fraud and what he said is the increasing extremism of the Republican Party.

His lecture, “Loser Take All: Election Fraud and the Subversion of Democracy,” will take place between 4 and 6 p.m. in HSSB 6020. Miller said he will delve into the problems of the most recent presidential elections, as well as present examples of vote manipulation.

Miller said that in modern politics, the GOP has shifted from its traditional conservative values to more extreme stances.

“It’s not the same Republican Party that your grandfather voted for, they are no longer conservative, but instead they have an extreme agenda,” Miller said. “With this extreme agenda, they are now forced to use anti-democratic devices to maintain power.”

In his lecture, Miller plans to discuss the 2004 election, which he said was “stolen.” He will also highlight the problems associated with the use of electronic voting machines and the vote tampering that can occur when the machines are used without supervision.

Mark Crispin Miller is a professor of media ecology at New York University and an expert in the field of modern propaganda. His research focuses on the subversion of American politics, and he has dissected the topic in his most recent book Cruel and Unusual: Bush/Cheney’s New World Order.