1. On Friday, British Conservative Party leader David Cameron recounted a recent encounter with supermodel Kate Moss on a UK talk show. According to Cameron, after talking with the supermodel about the way recent downpours have affected homes in central London, Moss mistook him for a plumber and asked for his phone number. Now that’s model behavior.
2. Canadian dance troupe Coleman Lemieux & Compagnie specializes in blending classical ballet with modern movement techniques, creating a new kind of choreography that is as unique as it is beautiful. The company will be making its California debut on Nov. 16 at 8 p.m. in Campbell Hall thanks to Arts & Lectures.
3. The coming-of-age comedy “Superbad” is set to screen at I.V. Theater on Nov. 16, courtesy of the fine folks at Magic Lantern Films. The film screens at 7 and 9:30 p.m., and comes straight from the same smartasses who made “Knocked Up” and “The 40 Year-Old Virgin.”
4. Rolf de Heer’s “Ten Canoes” was filmed on location with an indigenous cast in the swamplands of Northern Australia, and it’s the first film made entirely in the Aboriginal language. Check out this groundbreaking movie about the ancient Aboriginal culture at 7:30 p.m. in Campbell Hall on Nov. 20.
5. Fans of both R&B and rock got lucky on Nov. 13, with the release of new albums from Alicia Keys and the Killers. Paul McCartney, James Taylor, Duran Duran, Trisha Yearwood and Dane Cook also released albums this past Tuesday, making country kids, comedy fans and people still stuck in the ’80s all very happy customers as well.
6. Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s masterpiece “Love in the Time of Cholera” has action, adventure and awe-inspiring passion all set against the turbulent backdrop of turn-of-the-century South America. The new film, which is based on the book of the same name, opens on Nov. 16 and features Javier Bardem, Benjamin Bratt Catalina Sandino Moreno and Liev Schreiber.