Halloween is something that I.V. is well known for, not to mention an excuse for the kind of debauchery that normally destroys reputations. It’s the perfect party time, and as such, it demands an equally stellar, scary soundtrack. Here are the top five songs that should definitely make it onto your iPod’s “All Hallows Eve” playlist:

“Psycho Killer” by the Talking Heads pulls in number five. With its lack of any vocal tonality, it actually evokes the feelings of fear that facing-off against the titular killer might engender.

Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” takes the number four spot. Michael Jackson is scary enough, and the thought of him turning into a werewolf is straight-up creepy.

The number three spot belongs to Oingo Boingo’s “Dead Man’s Party,” based on the simple fact that walking with a dead man over your shoulder would probably be really creepy.

The number two spot belongs to the classic “Rocky Horror Picture Show” song “Time Warp.” This classic epitomizes the I.V. scene on Halloween night, complete with dancing drag queens and scantily clad super-villains.

The number one spot belongs to the ultimate song of Halloween, the song that nearly everyone thinks of when mentioning Halloween songs. That song is the “Monster Mash.” This song is not just amazing, it’s a bonafide graveyard smash, guaranteed to turn any party into a bash.

So there you have it, the top five songs of Halloween. Don’t let any of them frighten you: After all, they’re just songs… or are they?