This past Monday at 4:30 p.m., 51-year-old Randal Wright flipped his 1974 Moto Guzzi motorcycle while chasing his boss’ Chevrolet Silverado eastbound on Hollister Avenue.

According to a California Highway Patrol press release, Wright had allegedly driven recklessly to catch up to his boss’ car after an emotionally charged confrontation that took place at the employer’s residence at Via Rueda in Goleta. To avoid the heated exchange, Wright’s boss took off in his Silverado pickup and headed westbound on Hollister, and was followed closely by Wright in his motorcycle.

The Silverado pulled a quick U-turn at Turnpike Road and evaded Wright, who was unable to make the same maneuver in his Moto Guzzi.

Wright continued to the next intersection at Evonsire Avenue and made a U-turn onto the eastbound side of Hollister. Wright then accelerated to a reportedly excessive speed and ran one red light to catch up to his boss’ truck, but was going too fast to safely brake as he came upon the Silverado. At this point, Wright flipped his motorcycle into the left lane of traffic, directly across from San Marcos High School.

According to the press release, Wright was transported by ambulance to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, where he was treated for fractured ribs, a fractured clavicle, a collapsed lung, facial lacerations and abrasions. Police stated that alcohol was not involved in the incident. CHP investigators reported that they will recommend charges of running a red light and driving at an excessive speed.