Former UCSB student Anne Napier was killed Friday night after she was hit by a vehicle near Santa Barbara City College.

The 23-year-old Napier was walking along Cliff Drive with 23-year-old David Weber when she was hit by a 1986 Volvo station wagon driven by Robert Ernest Anderson. Santa Barbara Police Dept. officers arrived to the scene at around 10:10 p.m. and found Napier lying in the roadway.

Officers later booked Anderson into the Santa Barbara County Jail on suspicions of driving under the influence. The incident is still currently under investigation.

Napier was transported to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital and pronounced dead upon arrival, reportedly from head trauma.

The Oceanside, Calif., native graduated from UCSB in Spring 2006 with degrees in business economics and art history.

At the time of the incident, Napier was walking west on Cliff Drive after spending the evening at the Brewhouse on Montecito Street. Investigators believe Napier stepped off the curb and onto the street right before she was struck. Authorities are currently examining Napier’s body in order to discern whether she was influenced by alcohol.

Reports also indicate Anderson had attended the Brewhouse earlier that evening. His Volvo was compounded at the scene for evidence.