Where did the Rockies come from? As fun as it has been cheering for Colorado on their amazing run the past few weeks, the Phillies are the most exciting team in the National League without question. The Rockies will only have two chances to blast Philadelphia away at Coors Field, and Colorado’s lack of pitching depth will prove to be the difference in this one.
The pick: Phillies in five.
-Chris Hoffman

With that offense, I’m still trying to figure out how Arizona won the NL West. Part of me is pulling for the Cubs solely so that I never have to hear about this freaking curse again, but Brandon Webb can handle anything Carlos Zambrano challenges him with, and the Diamondbacks are nearly unstoppable at home, where they could potentially host Chicago three times.
The pick: Diamondbacks in five.
-Chris Hoffman

Rarely have two teams entered the postseason with more momentum than the Phillies and Rockies. Both teams are very similar with high-powered lineups, left-handed aces and surprise closers anchoring the bullpens. This series should be a coming-out party of sorts for two of the games best players – Matt Holliday and Jimmy Rollins – but in the end, with all else being relatively equal, look for the little things to make the difference. The Phillies should benefit from an extra day of rest and home field advantage to keep their improbable run alive.
The pick: Phillies in five.
-Alex Pavlovic

Even though they ranked 14th in the league in runs scored, the Diamondbacks should at the very least provide one hell of a show, with Eric Byrnes crashing into walls and starting pitcher Micah Owings being used as a weapon off the bench. However, led by Alfonso Soriano and Carlos Zambrano, Chicago is stronger in every aspect, and as long as Steve Bartman stays out of Wrigley, they should advance relatively easily. Sure the Cubs are cursed, but even the worst of curses has to end at some point right?
The pick: Cubs in four.
-Alex Pavlovic