UCSB soccer player Eric Frimpong’s arraignment was delayed once again last Wednesday, pushing the date back to April 10.

At the arraignment, Frimpong will be charged with two counts of sexual assault, Deputy District Attorney Mary Barron said. Frimpong is expected to plead not guilty.

This is the third time the star midfielder’s arraignment has been postponed, most recently because of disagreements between Barron and Frimpong’s attorney, Robert Sanger. The latest squabble began in court last week, when Barron filed a “notice of aggravated factors,” which asserts that the method in which the alleged crime was carried out appeared sophisticated and planned.

Sanger, who could not be reached for comment, argued that the filing was merely a legal strategy by Barron to ensure a harsher punishment, and filed a motion to strike the notice. The attorneys will file more papers on the matter by April 5, at Judge Clifford Anderson’s insistence.

While Barron granted limited information, both attorneys have agreed to not discuss most of the details of the case with the press, even though a judge has not ruled on Sanger’s early request for a gag order.

Frimpong, a native of Ghana and a member of the 2007 National Champion UCSB soccer team, was first accused of raping a woman on a beach below the 6500 block of Del Playa Drive. A week after the accusation, another victim came forward, claiming the soccer player also sexually battered her.