I have been a student here at UCSB for two years now. For my entire career here I have heard liberals talk about “people of color.” At first, I wasn’t sure what they were referring to because the closest thing I had ever heard of “people of color” was “colored” which simply meant “black.” I later learned that “people of color” is the name for the concept that all racial minorities are somehow one and are in this battle to fight white supremacy. This puzzled me because I, as a black man, had never thought of myself as “a person of color” before. The liberals then told me that I was “of color” simply by virtue of not being white. I felt that this idea was silly at the time and I have tried to wrap my mind around it by attending conferences and hanging out with these liberals, but now, nearly two years later, I still think it is just as silly as when I first heard it.

I feel this way because there is simply no such thing as a specific “person of color!” I don’t recall ever meeting a person whose skin color is clear. Every single human being has some sort of color, so how can they say that only certain people can qualify to be “of color?”

The idea that all the ethnic minorities are somehow united in this struggle for equality is equally as silly. In Los Angeles, many Hispanics are moving into what were traditionally black neighborhoods and a battle between the two races has ensued. I remember reading a quote from a young Hispanic man when he was asked about the situation; he simply replied “Fuck those niggers, this is our neighborhood now!”

It’s not just the Hispanics either; many Asians have racial differences with blacks. Asians are known to be “the model minority,” as they seem to have shown the most willingness to assimilate into American culture. Unfortunately, a part of that American culture is looking down upon or having a negative view of blacks. I have personally encountered more racist Asians in my lifetime than I have racist whites.

These liberal fascists also expect that as a person of color, I’m supposed to accept certain aspects of our society, such as the homosexual lifestyle, the constant disrespect for our southern border or PC thuggery. For the record, I do accept gays and support limited legal immigration. However, I know many black brothers and sisters who do not support such things. In an Internet forum for black students on Facebook, one girl said homosexuality was “disgusting. I saw Brokeback mountain yesterday while eating lunch and I almost threw up!” In addition, I am black and I absolutely do not support illegal immigration into the United States.

A lot of these liberals want to control the population, and me, by controlling our language. What is their tool for this? Political correctness thuggery, otherwise known as PC thuggery. As described in 1984 by George Orwell, one of the best methods of mind control is to control language. In the novel, the government deletes certain words from the vocabulary that go against its goals just the same as the liberal fascists do on this campus. For example, I’ve been told, very sternly, that the words “girls,” “ladies” and “Hispanic” are all offensive and should not be used. What is interesting is that the people who told me this do not say it is offensive to them personally; they always seem to say it is offensive to the group they claim to represent. I know plenty of females who refer to themselves as “girls.” My mother taught me to open the door for a female and say “ladies first,” and a friend from up north always refers to himself as “Hispanic” and not Latino, despite the fact that the liberal fascists of this campus say it is the proper way to refer to them.

My question is, why does my skin color oblige me or any other supposed “person of color” to accept any of these liberal ideas? The fact is that the liberal activists on this campus who claim to represent us do not. They are only representing themselves and their own political power aspirations. The professors who speak from an ivory tower that have served as their inspiration are simply out of touch with their own communities and they do not represent their respective communities.