Gamma Phi Beta Sorority served up some flapjacks, eggs, bacon and a $4,000 donation this Sunday morning, all to help disadvantaged children.

Members of Gamma Phi Beta catered a $5 per person, all-you-can-eat buffet this weekend for their annual charity breakfast. The money raised will go to local philanthropies including the Isla Vista Youth Project, the Child Abuse Listening and Mediation Program and the International Camp Fire USA program. Roughly 800 people came out to chow down and raise money this year.

“We had a really good turnout,” Erin Lillis, a third-year political science major and Gamma Phi Beta member said. “And we had more families attend this year.”

The sisters served an assortment of breakfast items including pancakes, eggs, bacon and orange juice during the fundraiser, which attracted fraternity members, long-term I.V. residents and a number of students’ parents.

Caitlyn Cardineau, the sorority’s public relations officer, said this year’s event raised $300 more than last year.

“The whole point of the fundraiser is it to contribute to the community,” Cardineau, a fourth-year political science and communication major, said. “But we don’t want to do just another sports-related fundraiser.”

The event also included a pancake-eating contest. The winner of the contest, who refused to reveal his name, declared his victory on behalf of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity.

Besides catering to fraternities and locals, the sorority served families in town for the UCSB Parents’ Weekend.

“It’s great; we had a very good breakfast,” said Tim Devine, father of Ashley Devine, a member of the sorority. “It’s very well organized, very efficient and the music’s loud.”

All of the charities benefiting from the fundraiser are focused on helping disadvantaged children. The Isla Vista Youth Project was created to help educate underprivileged children, CALM was designed to prevent child abuse and Camp Fire USA provides coeducational programs to young children.