The numbers are in: A total of 333 people were arrested over Halloween week, and an additional 380 citations have revelers in debt to the county.

Sgt. Erik Raney, Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Dept. public information officer, said there were no major incidents or fights over the weekend or on Halloween day, and out-of-towners were to blame for more than 80 percent of arrests. Only 2,500 partygoers hit the streets on Tuesday night, bringing in 34 arrests and 24 citations, Raney said.

There was one case of sexual assault filed over the weekend, Raney said. The victim reportedly knew her attacker, and a suspect was arrested.

Raney said the number of alcohol related incidents that required medical attention remained high, despite Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers’ hopes that it would be reduced from last year’s count; the number ended up being about the same.

“We still had 40 people who went to the hospital over the entire holiday for alcohol related incidents,” Raney said.

No increased enforcement was deployed on Sunday and Monday nights, and the smaller-than-expected crowd allowed the IVFP to cut a number of patrolling officers working Halloween night.

“On Tuesday, there were fewer crowds than we had anticipated and we were able to scale back our staff at around 1 a.m.,” Raney said.

The police operation was deemed an overall success, Raney said. The total costs of increased enforcement for Halloween has not yet been calculated, but Raney said the Sheriff’s Dept. budgets $250,000 annually for the holiday.

– Nikki Moore