NFL:

Yesterday, Packers wide receiver Koren Robinson was nailed with a one-year minimum suspension, without pay, for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy.

Robinson offered a not guilty plea to one count of driving under the influence while fleeing from police in a high-speed chase in August.

General Manager Ted Thompson was unavailable to comment.

In four games during this young season, Robinson has already caught seven passes for 89 yards, averaging 21.1 yards on kickoff returns. He will not be eligible for reinstatement into the NFL until Sept. 18, 2007.

Following the decision, Robinson was briefly taken into custody after his court hearing held in St. Peter, Minn., yesterday morning because of a warrant from a previous traffic violation. Shortly after, he was released when his attorney bailed him out for $1,000.

This was not Robinson’s first run-in with the law, as he previously served a four-game suspension in 2004 for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.

With the Vikings came Robinson’s most serious charge, when his car topped 100 mph running from police from St. Peter to the Vikings’ training camp headquarters in Mankato, Minn., on Aug. 15.

Police say his blood-alcohol content was 0.11 percent at the time, well above the 0.08 legal limit. The Vikings then released Robinson, who signed with the Packers in September.

Robinson was also sentenced to three months in jail this month, for violating probation on a separate drunk driving case in Kirkland, Wash., in 2005. He will serve that sentence after the season is over.