This year, incoming freshmen can not only expect to have bundles of fun, but also the opportunity to order a bundle of personal hygiene items.

Two undergraduate students launched a new company this year called Bundle-It that delivers bags of hygienic products directly to most university-owned residences. Fourth-year business economics major Adam Mintz said the idea for the company came from a class project that asked students to create a business model.

“We got the idea Spring Quarter of last year in Econ 183,” Mintz said. “I was in the shower thinking ‘What can I do [for the project]?’ and I had the idea. [When I lived on campus] it was a pain in the ass to get to the store – I didn’t have a car.”

Following completion of the class, the students, whose group originally included five members, further honed the idea. The entrepreneurs purchased supplies such as shampoo, toothpaste and razors, then packaged them in a reusable bag that resembles a small backpack.

Bundle-It co-creator Maximilian von Brand, a third-year business economics major, said the company offers various product options for both sexes.

“We have both basic and deluxe bundles for men and women,” Von Brand said. “The deluxe is more upscale, and people who like those brands will go with it.”

According to the product website – www.bundle-it.com – prices range from $23.99 to $47.99, but include free delivery. Deluxe Bundles include brands such as Head and Shoulders, Pantene Pro-V, Dove and Old Spice while Basic Bundles include brands such as Suave, St. Ives, Degree and Right Guard.

The pair said they conducted market research among friends to decide what products they would include in the bundles.

“We tried to pick the products that were the most popular,” Von Brand said. “We also will do free delivery to your room.”

While Bundle-It does not deliver to Isla Vista residences, Mintz said this could change as their business grows.

“We’re going to kick off when school starts,” Mintz said. “We’re going to have freshman sales representatives in the dorms. If it seems like it would be opportunistic, then we would move to the Greek system as well.”

Mintz said students can purchase refills of the items in their bundles.

“With this, you don’t have to take your bike to I.V. and shop at I.V. Market, which is overpriced,” Mintz said. “The Corner Store only sells travel sizes. The cost is the same as going to Rite Aid, and it saves time.”

The entrepreneurs said they are apprehensive about their business’s success, but they are proud of their achievement.

“I’m at a point right now where we had an idea and actually went through with it,” Mintz said. “I can say I tried it. It’s a lot of stress, but at least we tried, we took a risk.”